Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion media center
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Bonjour à tous

j'ai un ancien Pavillion média center PC M8000 de 2007 ( la carte mère serait une Basswood2 - j'ai 4 Go de RAM ) que je viens de passer à windows10 : depuis je n'ai plus de son sur mes HP externes malgré pas mal d'essais : on me dit de mettre à jour ma carte mère hors je ne trouve pas le driver ; auriez-vous une solution ?

merci par avance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, I translated because you have to stay in English here!
I gave the French version, because the translation may not be correct, compared to what I wanted to indicate.
That said, you need to try different pilots, have you tested with the indicated site?
Sometimes it is quite difficult, even impossible to find what you need for an old pc.
If the pc works well, and you only have a problem with the audio, maybe you will have to look for a sound card!
Otherwise, it will be necessary to revert to the original version.
4go of ram, it's a bit tight, but nothing to do with audio!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

OK , thank's Lil-Boy

I'm going to read that !

have a nice day

😉

HP Recommended

Prego.

HP Recommended

Hello @nanard74  @Lil_Boy_Blue 
I understand @Lil_Boy_Blue ' s response
but that doesn't say what to do !?
the motherboard is a basswood2 it does not change much compared to the basswood, but in any case it is not a The M2N68-LA (Narra) motherboard

The P5BW-LA (Basswood2) motherboard 

The P5BW-LA (Basswood) motherboard 

The M2N68-LA (Narra) motherboard  
the audio chip would therefore be:
Integrated Realtek ALC885 Audio
So you have to find the driver for this audio chip!
There are no drivers available on an HP product page, because at the end of their life.
Therefore you have to look for a pilot either at Realtek or maybe with this:

Trouver les drivers et pilotes en téléchargement, mise à jour PC

Bonjour
je comprends la réponse de @Lil_Boy_Blue 
mais cela ne dit pas ce qu' il faut faire !?
la carte mère est une basswood2 cela ne change pas grand chose comparé à la basswood, mais en tout cas ce n' est pas une The M2N68-LA (Narra) motherboard
la puce audio serait donc :
Integrated Realtek ALC885 Audio
Il faut donc rechercher le pilote pour cette puce audio !
Il n' y a pas de pilotes disponibles sur une page produit HP, car en fin de vie ..
De ce fait il faut chercher un pilote soit chez Realtek soit peut être avec ceci :

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank's Prométhé  😉

may I answer you in French ?

j'ai bien téléchargé et installé de dernier driver de realtek pour W10 en 64bits ( pour ALC885 , 888, .... ) : c'est OK

le problème est que depuis l'installation de W10 mon système de son 2.1 ne fonctionne plus : lorsque je clique sur l’icône du haut-parleur en bas à droite : j'ai la croix rouge à coté du haut parleur et "aucun système de son raccordé à votre ordinateur" alors qu'ils sont bien branchés sur le connecteur vert derrière le PC !

je n'ai que 4Go de RAM : est-ce un problème ?

cordialement

HP Recommended

No, I translated because you have to stay in English here!
I gave the French version, because the translation may not be correct, compared to what I wanted to indicate.
That said, you need to try different pilots, have you tested with the indicated site?
Sometimes it is quite difficult, even impossible to find what you need for an old pc.
If the pc works well, and you only have a problem with the audio, maybe you will have to look for a sound card!
Otherwise, it will be necessary to revert to the original version.
4go of ram, it's a bit tight, but nothing to do with audio!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

hello Prométhée I installed the latest Realtec driver (64B for W10) , but it still doesn't work! On the screen at the bottom right : always the speaker icon with the red cross and "no output device is installed" and yet everything is well connected! Have a good day ! and thank's for all my PC : PAvillion Media center PCm8000 Serial number : [edit]System : GG603AA-ABF Bernard

HP Recommended

Hi

Thousands of drivers to choose from here.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows%2010

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows%2010%20realtek

maybe if you have the patience to test a few out.

HP Recommended

Thank's Lil-Boy-Blue

I'll try some of them !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.