Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE DESKTOP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my product code but the recovery tool doesnt recognise it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1608558229193.png

That seems to be a very new model PC, so it is possible that HP hasn't uploaded the recovery image for that product number yet.

I had gotten a new HP notebook in July and there was no cloud recovery tool image for it, but in late August, one was made available.

If you need to reinstall W10, you can make bootable W10 installation media using the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not all HP PC's are supported by the cloud recovery tool.

What is the product number of your PC?

It will be arranged something like this...

5ES85EA#ABA

HP Recommended

product no is 1K2U8EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1608558229193.png

That seems to be a very new model PC, so it is possible that HP hasn't uploaded the recovery image for that product number yet.

I had gotten a new HP notebook in July and there was no cloud recovery tool image for it, but in late August, one was made available.

If you need to reinstall W10, you can make bootable W10 installation media using the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you friend that suits me ,only had the PC a month and finding it fast and responsive. thanks again keep up the good work

your new friend Mick 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Mick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.