grahamp2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my all in one pc will not power up

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP PAVILION ALL IN ONE WILL NOT POWER UP. ONE MONTH OLD FROM NEW.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@grahamp2 

Sorry for the bad news, but when a desktop does not even power on, you have few if any options for getting it working again on your own.

To determine the cause with hardware failures, you have to be able run diagnostics. We have no way of accessing your PC from here, so we can not do that for you. You have to do it yourself. You do this by pressing the Esc key repeatedly when rebooting and then, when the HP Startup Menu appears, selecting Diagnostics (usually F2) and letting it run.

But if it is NOT possible to run diagnostics, or if that does not work, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and there is NOTHING we can do.

If this PC really is only one month old, you need to contact HP Support to see about getting it examined and repaired under the warranty, or, since you are in the U.K, getting it replaced.

UK HP contact info: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation