Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 24 R114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have performed a latest update from HP center and when it downloaded the Bios update and tried to restart black screen popped up with information about Processor type, Processor speed, Memory size, Channel 1A, channel 1B and Bios revision date. At the bottom of the screen there is a message "Press the ESC key for start up menu. my wireless mouse an keyboard don't work. USB mouse and keyboard don't work as well. PC tech told me my motherboard is gone. The PC worked perfectly before this update. Any chance the PC tech can be wrong and we can somehow update the BIOS to default?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jaro1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Computer is not working after the BIOS update.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check for the issue.

Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen,

thank you for your reply. I just wanted to confirm with you when do I have to press the key combination of Windows, B and power button. Is it while the computer is on or when you want to start it. Thank you for your clarification.

Jaro

HP Recommended

@Jaro1

I understand your concerns.

First, you have to shut down the computer and then power on and perform the steps.

Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen,

unfortunately the combination of buttons did not work. I still have just black screen where in the right corner I can see the word "setup" but have no way to get to it as the mouse pointer is not working. The word changes according to which F button you press when restarting the computer.

HP Recommended

@Jaro1

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.