GuyC1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

new bios update

HP Recommended
Pavilion P7-1254
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my processor to the most current that HP said to use  AMD A8-3850.  Then I replaced the 1T hard drive with a 2T SSD suggested by HP.  Then I loaded Windows 10.  I get the black screen and will not re open unless I hard boot it.  Microsoft tells me I need an updated bios driver (mine is dated 2011)  The automated HP support assistant says there is no update.  I believe it just does not recognize my computer with the upgraded processor   I need a bios update  mother board is a Pegatron 2ACF.  

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,851 4,785 531 2,079
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I find it strange the suggestion, when and under what conditions we offer a 2to SSD?
Do you have the SSD in addition to the HDD or just the SSD?
I ask because if it is this model

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p7-1200-desktop-pc-series/5187022/model/5192661/doc...
An SSD of less than 1 TB, plus the HDD, should be sufficient.
Have you tested with the original hard drive after replacing the processor?
There is an update, but it may not change anything if the installation of windows is not correct.

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family 2ACF)

7.23 Rev.A2.1 MBOct 17, 2014Download

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation