cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epicmarketer
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

new hp computers - no decide out for facts collection?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bumped into this difficulty while setting up a newly purchased computer for a brand new-hire, short be aware.

shopping manager went out and picked up a pc off-the-shelf (690-0067c) at our nearby bestbuy and i get to make it paintings with our setup.

wellknown base install through windows 10 registration changed into uneventful until the very quit in which you get so far..

generally, there is a pass hyperlink or choose-out button; and on this unique example there isn't, but it states its non-compulsory however you cannot proceed to use the product or make modifications to the automatic series policy without consenting (now not non-compulsory).

the privateness policy displayed thru the link within the image may be located right here .

a few heritage facts, inside the ordinary path of business our organization has get admission to to numerous third-celebration integrations that include pretty strict non-disclosure necessities; and a substantial quantity of personal records. our situation is whether a number of the facts being series runs afoul of present non-disclosure requirements (yes, its a legal professional question; ianal).

putting in the os from media and also you run into the identical problem wherein you'll locate all the motive force downloads (along with chipset drivers) require a extra extensive segment on information series with a hyperlink to the identical consent to data collection inside the privacy policy (of their terms of service observed here.

i am no programmer and that i understand maximum systems have emerge as greater complicated over the years but the length for the chipset driver bundle (~200mb) seems immoderate in my thoughts. does everyone realize if the data series is baked in at the driver-level?

i don't use hp that frequently however i realize their servers are pretty dependable and this issue with their computer line seems like a fairly extreme oversight that adds extra complexity (cost) to the consumer. what are your mind in this?

inside the meantime seems like i will be going for walks this up the chain till i get path on whether or not to continue with the set up.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,300
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@epicmarketer 

Sorry, having difficulty understanding your issue -- but if the case is that your company operations requires agreeing to certain NDAs and the contents of those conflict with the licensing terms that Microsoft requires you to agree to to complete the OS setup, then basically -- you are stuck.  As an OEM, HP has no authority to modify the MS licensing terms, so there is no way around that.

IF instead, you're concerned with the data collection that MS does, there are options to disable SOME of that during setup.  And there are numerous third-party products you can acquire after setup that will allow you to disable nearly ALL the data collection going to Microsoft.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation