Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 645 G1 256 SSD SED
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

a couple f days ago I got problem with WIN 7 Professional installed in my PC .

At start-up the PC was freeze on "Ctr-Al Canc" acess menu, thus I decided (as done in other occasion) to turn off the pc with power off/on button .

When PC was booting again  I got the windows Pop-Up :

"System Recovery Option"

bu No OS was listaed on the pop-up list .

Then I  tryied  to make some diagnosys with option "Startup Repair" (Automatically fix problems tht are preventing windows from starting")  the result was :

"Boot section for system disk partition i s corrupt .

Reapir Action : Boot Section Repair.

Result: Failed. repair code 0 0x4902"

at that point from command prompt x:\> I typed the command :

bootrec.exe /fixmbr 

but since that moment as soon as the pc is turn appear the Missing operating System" on top left windows .

I tried to use a bootable usb windows 7 but I could no reach any probress and the Win7 installed on crypted Disk is always no manageable / accessable by boot OS (I can see it but when click over it system ask for formatting 😞  I didn't ).

It's need to obtain "key" from HP to make disk readable and manageable from an repair disk ?

any suggestion coming from your experience.

Thanx any way  And Best Regards

Alessandro.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> the result was : "Boot sector for system disk partition i s corrupt .

Reapir Action : Boot Section Repair.

> Result: Failed. repair code 0 0x4902"

Try an Internet search:  www.bing.com/search?q=Failed+repair+code+0x490

Note that the search is for '490', not for '4902'.

Windows has the option to encrypt all your personal files, using your Windows login ID and password. 

I think that you have chosen that option.

So, when you boot from some other copy of Windows, and try to access the disk-drive containing your files, you have not logged-in to your encrypted account.

Thus, you cannot access your files.

Do you have a backup of all your personal files?

HP Recommended
Hi,

I should have backup in cloud env but I need to check to verify when able to restore the system.

For link provided I'll try to see over there, even If the fault stage is different from the beginning after I tryied to re-build the MBR using the command "bootrec.exe /fixbr".

Now system show the warning :

"missing operating system"

As soon as pc is turn on.

Before the fix mbr attempt the system it's self reach the System Recovery Option step without any bootable usb.

Thanx Let me check link shared.

Best Regards

Alessandro

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.