Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When trying to upgrade my pc to windows10,  the upgrade stops and shows a message "Bios Liecence fault"?

I am kinda stumped?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mizzow 

It appears the product was introduced in (or near) 2011

Is the computer one of those tested to be able to run on Windows 10?

My own check says, "not".

If yes, AND if you can find an updated BIOS for this system, it is necessary to update the BIOS.

Check, too, for any network drivers - download those and make sure you have them "on hand" somewhere (a USB stick?) so you can update the network drivers for the system.  Also critical, any graphics drivers.  Audio can be irritating if you lose it but it is  nothing compared to not connecting the the 'net or being able to see the screen.

Unfortunately, in my own check for the Z800, I do not find any Windows 10 software, drivers and firmware for Windows 10.

If there is anything available for this older system, perhaps another expert better versed in Windows 7 > Windows 10 upgrades can help provide guidance.

My personal opinion:  If you are able to do so, it is time to consider an investment in newer technology.  

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

➡️  Categories:  HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Z800 Workstation

OR

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.