mphyssas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

second M.2 SDD installation.

HP Recommended
z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have an HP Z turbo drive installed as standard in my hp z440. I want to now also install an 970 Pro NVMe M.2 also but not sure how to go about doing this? I know i need an adpater but can i use one that takes 2 cards or can i use another PCIE slot and which is better? 

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mphyssas wrote:

I have an HP Z turbo drive installed as standard in my hp z440.

I want to now also install an 970 Pro NVMe M.2 also but not sure how to go about doing this?

I know i need an adapter but can i use one that takes 2 cards or can i use another PCIE slot

which is better? 

Rather than putting all the Input/Output traffic through one dual-port adapter, with two attached devices, my guess is that it would be better to separate the Input/Output traffic, by leaving the Turbo Drive where it is, and using just one port on an adapter mounted in the PCI-E slot.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation