Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 23-g218
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

pavilion 23-g218 all in one got from thrift store password reset knowledge needed or service manual 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@cwkerr007 

All you can get

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-23-g200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/7161726/model/...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Which password?

• the one that must entered as soon as you power-on the computer?
  • the "Windows password" ?

If the latter, then let's assume that the previous owner "activated" the copy of Windows 10.

This activation stored the Windows "product-key" with Microsoft.

So, if you have a copy of Windows 10 (on DVD or USB memory-stick) and can startup your computer from this media, you can reinstall Windows. 

The "reinstall" will download the previous product-key from Microsoft, and Windows will self-activate.

The advantage is that you will have a "fresh" copy of Windows -- no viruses -- to use.

HP Recommended

If it's just the Windows login password from a previous user, then I'd suggest either running a full factory restore (Turn PC on and keep tapping ESC until you get a blue menu, press F11 for system recovery. From memory, click advanced, then HP factory restore.

If this option is not available, then you'll be able to install the stock Windows 10 from microsoft then just use Windows update to pull down the rest of the drivers.

You can make a Windows 10 USB here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

If you go this option, then once the stick is created, insert it into the HP PC, turn it on, keep tapping F9 then choose the USB stick from the boot menu. Follow the prompts to wipe the old installation and create a fresh install.

If you get stuck, let me know.

HP Recommended

> ... click advanced, then HP factory restore ...

I did this once, trying to help a friend. 

It reinstalled the original factory-loaded Windows 7 system. The friend did not tell me that he accepted the "free upgrade to Windows 10" that Microsoft "pushed" in 2016 to users of Windows 7.

So, I had to download the ISO for the "generic" release of Windows 10, and then use Windows Update, and the HP Support web-site for his specific computer, to install the device-drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.