Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

message says "system BIOS image is invalid or currupt (252) Pleae download patch again. if error continues contact support."

now what do I do?  support will not talk to me without paying. I have had mulitiple problems since this was new in November-nothing has been fully solved.  Now I get shut down, shut out.  cannot get past the hp blue screen at start up.  shuts down spontaneously and often will not come back from sleep.  this morning I came back after a 2 hour absence to a black screen with the Reboot and select proper boot device message.  this means nothing to me.  I have to cold boot and then sometimes repeat on and off for an hour to get it to actually boot back up. 

Also, I only play casual games, one player on my machine, not online, the past month all my games are dragging, before this they were fine-the reason I bought a new computer in the first place; that and my 9 year old gateway finally bit the dust after no problems EVER.  I sorely regret buying this new machine.

I can follow instructions for dummies.  I have installed extra hard drives in my old machine and extra RAM and video cards on my own. 

Any advice on how to get this computer to work as it should would be appreciated.  I have an online business that this cripples terribly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Model #: p6210f
Product #: NY544AA-ABA
Serial #: [text removed for privacy]
Software Build #: 94NAv6PrA2
Service ID #: 112-209
PCBRAND: Pavilion

using wired keyboard that came with and Logitech wireless mouse, have scanner and printer attached but not powered on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that seemed to do the trick!  All my games are like lightning and the pc is popping like when it was new.  I am going to check for dust and maybe vacuum the case out.  I have not done this with this machine as we are in a newer home with no pets but it still may be collecting as the house seems dusty to me.

thank you again,  I was very frustrated with these continual problems.  I do hope I won't have to post again.  I am shutting down at night so hope that is OK.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Try this, unplug the power cord, open the PC and replace the cmos battery located on the motherboard with a new one, after doing this immediately enter the bios and set the date and time, save changes on exit.

The battery is slightly smaller than a quarter and slightly thicker also. You can get one of these at any local electronics retailer or Wal Mart, be sure to get the same number that is stamped on the original battery. 

HP Recommended

hey

if System is still booting Windows than select OS from Here & download Bios & Flash it.

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
HP Recommended

download I get,  what do you mean by Flash it?  install it after I download?

HP Recommended

yes indeed

Install it after downloading

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
HP Recommended

Have done so and just booted back up.  when the system went to reboot, it did not as soon as it had before.  I waited and then tried turning it on--too soon, it just cycled so I turned it back off and just now it came up all right.  lots of white on black text etc before the hp blue screen but now I am back.  Thank you.

anything else you would recommend to check things out-just use as normal and see how it goes?  all the scans before this have never turned up anything and the analysis always comes back aok.

I appreciate all the help. barb

HP Recommended

wow, the fan just kicked in a boy is it loud!  is that normal, or should have been.  well, it's going down and now.... i hear nothing.  is this a good thing? I have only had the pc on for a few minutes.  another question-when I first got this, it said in the literature to leave it on, that windows 7 worked best if left to go into sleep mode.  so I did that and set all my scans etc. to run at night.  lately (here comes that fan again-sounds like it's going to take off, going down again, kind of funny) I have been turning it off since it seemed to have to be rebooted anyway. 

should I leave it on and shut it off overnight.  I already unplug the modem and turn off the mouse and monitor. thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey

The lots of White on Black text etc,. tht is called flashing bios.

Does tht Solved your BIOS corrupt(252) problem?

abt Fan making noise is b'cuz in long run, due to dust Fan's grease gets dry & Fan starts to make such noise.

try hitting back of your CPU whr Power SMPS is located see if it stops noise. (it works every time)

HP Recommended

Yes, that seemed to do the trick!  All my games are like lightning and the pc is popping like when it was new.  I am going to check for dust and maybe vacuum the case out.  I have not done this with this machine as we are in a newer home with no pets but it still may be collecting as the house seems dusty to me.

thank you again,  I was very frustrated with these continual problems.  I do hope I won't have to post again.  I am shutting down at night so hope that is OK.

HP Recommended

Have you been able to resolve the BIOS update error message?

If not, please check if you have any AV enabled, either AVG or AVASt or any other one and try to disable it and try to run the patch again.

Let me know if this resolves.

Hugo M. Lemos
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.