Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-XA1129 23.8" Touch Screen All-in-On
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a second monitor and want to add a third - my PC is not recognizing my third monitor - does anyone know if the HP Pavilion 24 all-in-one supports 3 monitors in total?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

According to this spec your system has a single HDMI 1.4 output connector.  The other HDMI is input..  The USB-c, as I remember reading in another thread does not appear to support video out as 5gbs is not 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-out-via-USB-C-on-HP-Pavilion-A...

here is a short explanation of the latest USB  3 terminology.  Note they are all USB 3.2 and your spec states the following:

2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™

on the other hand, the motherboard has slightly different working:  Gen 1 instead of Gen 2

• (2) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C

Windows supports more than 2 monitors and if you have a laptop and both systems have WiFi you can add the laptop as the "third monitor" and no cables are needed.

You could take a chance and purchase a USB3-C to HDMI adapter but I suspect it will not work because HP would have advertised the capability. if it existed.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.