Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-K0000nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to upgrade My HP Pavilion 24-K0000nx from windows 10 home to Pro but always when I install windows, it's come Home Only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Mr. Pual for your reply.
I  try both, but I can't activate windows 10 pro.

I found this solution, It's working for me, I installed fresh windows 10 pro on My AIO PC.

1-  Got to bios setting and disable secure boot, change boot to make USB DVD OR FLASH DRIVE ON TOP

2- open Notepad and copy/paste following piece of code in Notepad:

[EditionID]

Professional

[Channel]

Retail

SaleemNasser_0-1597239788166.png

save the text file as "ei.cfg" inside the resource folder of window 10 media DVD or Flash drive.

3- boot from The DVD or Flash drive and choose your version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You cannot not clean install W10 Pro because there is a W10 Home product key in the BIOS, and that always trumps whatever other key you have.

You can only upgrade from W10 home to pro like this...

1. Upgrade using your digital license for Windows 10 Pro

To upgrade, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .
Open Activation settings

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, you'll see one of two messages when you select Go to Microsoft Store:
    • If you see Install, select the button to install Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you see Buy, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro license. Or, try to sign in to Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account that was used to purchase the Pro license. Then, follow the instructions to install Windows 10.
  • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select Troubleshoot and then follow the instructions to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. 
2. Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key
  1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .
  2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.
  3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

Thank you Mr. Pual for your reply.
I  try both, but I can't activate windows 10 pro.

I found this solution, It's working for me, I installed fresh windows 10 pro on My AIO PC.

1-  Got to bios setting and disable secure boot, change boot to make USB DVD OR FLASH DRIVE ON TOP

2- open Notepad and copy/paste following piece of code in Notepad:

[EditionID]

Professional

[Channel]

Retail

SaleemNasser_0-1597239788166.png

save the text file as "ei.cfg" inside the resource folder of window 10 media DVD or Flash drive.

3- boot from The DVD or Flash drive and choose your version.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to get W10 Pro to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.