Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp slim line pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

trying to hook up a microsoft lx 1000 web cam to my hp slim line desk top pc and get error code 4244

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wseiger1964 

Start by finding your Windows webcam product - I find an "LX" headset and a "VX" 1000 webcam.

The LX shows as a headset and the VX 1000 webcam is apparently not supported in Windows 10.

Example:

Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 Not working with windows 10

I would guess, based on what I could find, that the device is not compatible with the latest versions of Windows 10.

Not the answer you want / expect / know to be true?

Microsoft Community  is perhaps the best place to determine why one of their products is not working.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.