Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just wanted to know if my computer could be upgraded to windows 11 and if not why? how do I get a clear answer to this question. windows 11 tells me they do not recognize my AMD chip.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC's AMD Ryzen 5-2400G processor is not on Microsoft's list of W11-supported AMD processors.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors | Microsoft Docs

You have two options:

1. Upgrade the processor to the AMD Ryzen7-2700, which is a supported processor upgrade according to your PC's specs.

HP Pavilion 690-0013w Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

2. Use one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods to upgrade to W11 as your PC is currently configured.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do an in-place upgrade to W11 on any PC.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

Before you try and upgrade to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.