3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

100% processor usaqe by Active Health?

HP Recommended
PAvilion Slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

this just recently began happening...

All functions will stop, no keys respnd, the mouse cursor freezes and goes active several times, and image on screen will freeze, go live for moments, freeze again... last time it happened I had windows task manager open and up on screen, and noticed that ActiveHealth was using 99 to 100% of the CPU... also, the disk drive light on the PC lit up and stayed lit. 

This happens several times a day, with no warning, can last anywhere from 30 seconds to five minutes or more...

Any ideas why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Donnach,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are seeing 100% CPU usage from time to time. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

It t is hard to say exactly why the one process is using so much CPU time, but it is possibly a conflict with some other software or possibly your system has been hit by a virus or malware, and a file is now corrupted.  I recommend that you try out the things in these two documents: HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 7)HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Donnach
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anybody know how to set up a schedule for Active Healh.exe? It seems to activate randomly and while active uses 100% of the processor, freezing everything until it is done.

I'd like to schedule it to run in early Am when nobody is using the computer.

0 Kudos
Donnach
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tried all those things... the ActiveHealth program does not reside on my PC, and I do not know how to identify the source. I know I cannot stop it with the command in task manager; I get a message saying that is not allowed. 

Today   it locked up the computer twice that I know of.... 

0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation