Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

The Pavilion in question is 1 week old, I am debating returning it at this time. 

I purchased this machine solely for music production, great specs at a great price. However, while comparing it directly to my 2010 iMac i7 2.9ghz 24gb RAM - it is being out performed. How can this be? I am primarily testing a single vst instrument that I know is a little harder than most on CPU. The Pavilion is using nearly 40% CPU while the iMac uses less than 20%.

What I know of this PC is that it is energy efficient boasting a 180w PSU. Would this little power hinder the processors performance? I have it set to "high performance" doesn't seem to make any difference at all. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I am already slightly concerned that the specs on the box are not the specs that are inside the desktop. The box states 4 usb 3.1 ports but in reality there are only 3. still waiting on answer for that one too!

Thanks in advance!

Eddie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EdEck, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This PC has 4 USB 3.1 ports, one being a USB type C port.

Front I/O ports

• USB 3.1-Type A: 2

• USB 3.1-Type C: 1

Back I/O ports

• (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port

• (5) USB 2.0 Type-A ports

Note: Refer to this document to check the printer specifications

Update the BIOS, click here to download the latest BIOS from HP

Since you have already changed the setting to "High performance", refer to this document to improve the performance of the PC.

Check for any pending Windows update for the PC

Also, Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

The PC comes with a 180 W SFF (Gold) 12 V Output PSU and has a 90% efficiency.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info Kumar! I will try your suggestions and let you know how they go.

I accept the USB ports as a misprint. The box states 2 x 3.1 type A, 1 x 3.1 type C (front) and 2x 3.1 type A (back) as well as 4 x 2.0..

image.jpg

HP Recommended

@EdEck

I have brought your issue with the USB ports to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.