Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy23-001All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since downloading Win10, now on  This PC appears a System F file which cannot be opened nor nothing happens under properties.  My Anniversay Update is p;ostp;oned until the latest time possible.  Could this file be holding the download awaiting installation?

Theo5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Theo5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The F "drive" is often created as a side-effect of MS downloading the files it needs for a major Update. And yes, that drive could be holding some of the update files -- but generally, they are stored in the "C" drive, not in a separate drive.

However, the tech sites are reporting more failures than successes with the Anniversary Update, to you are doing the right thing to delay it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Theo5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The F "drive" is often created as a side-effect of MS downloading the files it needs for a major Update. And yes, that drive could be holding some of the update files -- but generally, they are stored in the "C" drive, not in a separate drive.

However, the tech sites are reporting more failures than successes with the Anniversary Update, to you are doing the right thing to delay it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I waited until last week of availability to download Win10 which went pretty much well.  Since then I have discovered that 2 (automatic) updates have been downloaded without incident, but another one requires a reboot.  With all the news of disruptions (perhaps for the early downloaders of W10?) I took option to delay the restart & installation to the last date allowed - it then is done automatically if not requested.  This happen tomorrow at 3.30 am!  

I thank you for your helpful answer and tomorrow no doubt will provide me with the confirmation, or perhaps a black screen!

Mary Dudley Seaver

Thumbs up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.