2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

34" All in One Desktop

HP Recommended
34" All in One Curved Screen Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Love this system, but would no where can I find how to do a Safe Mode Boot up. Also, how to change to a more verbose boot-up so I can see what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

6rtury

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,734 32,634 2,970 7,292
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@6rtury 

As to the verbose boot, you would have to get into the UEFI settings and once there, look through the boot options to see if there is a way to disable the option that puts up the HP logo.

As to Safe mode in Win10, here is a thread with instructions:  Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,734 32,634 2,970 7,292
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@6rtury 

As to the verbose boot, you would have to get into the UEFI settings and once there, look through the boot options to see if there is a way to disable the option that puts up the HP logo.

As to Safe mode in Win10, here is a thread with instructions:  Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6rtury
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks WAWOOD. Found out how to boot into Safe Mode right after sending the below. Had seen it before but forgot, as with this new system I am also learning Win 10 (which is really great). My previous system was Win 7 (am probably the last person to migrate to Win 10). Fortunately I have an excellent manual for Win 10, the best I've seen, and it's worth its weight in gold. I just have to take the time to consult it.

At this time I really don't want to tinker with the Bios. Am still setting up my software and backup drives.

But have another question....

Can this Envy system support a USB hub. All of my USB ports are used.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation