cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuntManMike
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

810-150se CTO NEEDS WINDOWS 10 DRIVERS!!! BIOS UPDATES!!!

HP Recommended
HP ENVY PHOENIX 810-150se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So theres this newly discovered KILLER virus out there that attacks my processor, and EVERYONES basically right? So I'm curious, why in the WORLD is this the only model in its line to not have ANY kind of BIOS update available for it? I see that its maybe 'Coming' but, after almost losing this motherboard to a Bios issue and not being able to rollback, I had to price this board, and its $395.00. For a board that is still VERY vulnerable to this. I've also read HP's policy on this, basically saying that they hold no responsibility and are providing solutions 'as they come' or something of the sort. On top of that, are there ANY updates for this board/system at all? This bios is beyond dated. And don't ask me HOW I got it to rollback to 8.20 from 8.21 because I honestly don't know but I somehow did it, I believe by  breaking the 'newer' version inadvertently. I thought I was reading in the notes that a system that isn't mine, I thinik it was 800-xxx or something, I was thinking that was me until after I ran it, it INSTALLED, but seemed off, like it was thinking it was a different board and system alltogether? So why did the checksums match if it is not compatible with my board which by the way is the 2ACE, and I have the i7-4820k. I've had SO many issues with this machine. When it functions, it functions VERY WELL, When it doesn't man I about lose EVERYTHING. Please tell me there are Windows 10 drivers out there, as well as a way to update my recovery installation to Windows 10? Or to RE-create a new one without usuing 3rd party software like minitool, unless its free, and even then I'm not a huge fan unless its a minor issue that windows can't handle like a realignment or a partition merge or something. Please for the love of Pete tell me there are some updates for this system and that a Chipset Virus Vulnerability Mitigation will be ready, like today. Thank you

-Michael

5 REPLIES 5
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-100-Desktop-PC-series/5399342/model/5399397

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-phoenix-810-100-desktop-pc-series/5399342/m...

Well some good news, Intel are not fixing a whole lot of problems with their product line, so you can choose any make of Computer and be landed with the same problem, so selection is easy.

""

Security
Intel admits a load of its CPUs have Spectre v2 flaw that can't be fixed And won’t fix Meltdown nor Spectre for 10 product families covering 230-plus CPUs

""

ISO images of various Microsoft OS's are available.

They can be be downloaded (sometimes you need a licence key other than the HP OEM key)
and 'burnt'/expanded to a DVD/USB. They WONT contain appropriate HP software, like drivers etc.
But may enable a repair to be started.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and a HOW2 is here...
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-windows-10-from-usb

AND you have contingency plans for a HDD failure?

0 Kudos
StuntManMike
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uh well, first, what do you mean by contigency plan? 

Second, .iso's don't really help in this case. Maybe I'm completely doing something wrong, that IS entirely possible but those drivers for 8/8.1 you linked have to be RUN in 8/8.1. SOOOO if I have to rollback to get BACK to Windows 10 anyway, I may as well go with a System restore unless I am having startup issues and/or troubleshooting a serious problem like a bios that won't roll back. HA! Seriously I think i've gone mad, A MONTH getting this thing back to JUST ABOUT TRUE factory bootable. And I'LL TAKE IT. But the drivers AND lack of a new bios when I see systems of a similary date range and configuration all with Windows 10 drivers and install media/means up upgrading said media.

Mike

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well if your Hard Disk failed you have an OS some drivers and Licences and software and DATA all backed up, ready to re-install?

BYE.

0 Kudos
Ro808
Level 4
103 97 1 11
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With Windows 10, I have not yet experienced activation issues after exchanging harddrives (used as system/boot drive).

Still, CF4's advice to backup licences of (paid) software is a wise thing to do.

CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Software Licenses

Belarc - Advisor55DD55DD
Microsoft - Internet Explorer00000-0000-00000-AAOEM (Key: xxxxx-XXXX-xxxxx-XXXXX)
Microsoft - PowerShellxxxxx-XXXX-xxxxx-XXXXX
Microsoft - Windows 10 Home (x64)00-0000-00000-AAOEM (Key: xxxxx-XXXX-xxxxx-XXXXX)e
REALTEK Semiconductor - REALTEK Bluetooth Driver{ xxxxx-XXXX-xxxxx-XXXXX}
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation