JonA5
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Automatic System updates have created problems

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When logging in this morning, the PC started some automatic updates. This seems to have caused a issue as now I have no stable PC. On logging in now the PC seems to start but then turns off and then back on very quickly, it "flashes" in this manner every second or two.
For this reason I am unable to use the control panel with the mouse
Can I get some explanation please.
3 REPLIES 3
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,842 924 1,633
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @JonA5 - Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are having issues after the recent Windows updates.

If the issue started happening after a recent update, then you might be able to restore the system to a point before. System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue began, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Go to http://hp.care/2bS4d95 and follow the steps under “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally”.

Wait for a day and then try to update the Windows again.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
JonA5
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you, I will give the system restore a try
0 Kudos
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,842 924 1,633
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @JonA5

Thanks for the update!

Try the restore and let me know if that helps by marking the post as a Solution!

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation