Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ PRO 6300 MICROTOWER
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EVERY NOW AND THEN PC WILL FREEZE AND A BLUE SCREEN APEARS SAYING ITS COLLECTING INFORMATION AND WILL RESTART ERRE MESSAGE  SAYS STOP CODE "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

This is about the Blue screen of Death issue in your computer.   I am giving couple of steps whichi i would like you to try.  There would be more steps based on your reply about the outcome of the steps completed. 

1) Run the anti virus software to remove any virus in the computer. 

2) Windows comes with "Driver verifier Manager", which allows monitoring graphics and kernel drivers.  

* To launch Driver verifier manager , open run windows by pressing Win+R keys 

* Type verifier in run windows and press enter.  Select "create standard settings" option.  

Click on next , and on next window you can choose from different settings to verify driver.  

If you don't know what this options are, then select an option and you will be able to see the description of it.   If you find any driver which is crashing your system, then uninstall it from device manager.  

if the issue still occurs.. 

Then  3)   uninstall the recently  installed updates. 

4)  Perform SFC Scan.   To do this , open command prompt or windows powershell (admin). 

Now type the following command and press Enter.   

sfc /scannow

The whole scan process will take time, so don't turn the computer off.  Restart the computer after the scan is complete. 

Please let me know the outcome of above mentioned steps.  Press on Kudos , if you find the  solutions has worked. 

Thanking you for choosing HP. 

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
HP Recommended

STILL THE SAME INFACT FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE AND IT MADE IT WORSE, EVERY THING THAT I WENT TO WAS SLOW, LIKE YOUTUBE MUSIC "VERY SLOW PLAYING". HAD TO REINSTAL AT AN EARLIER DAT TO FIX..

HP Recommended

I am sorry to hear that.. Well the intention was not to make it worse, of course. 

Now, to bring back to previous date.. please do system restore. 

Please use the below link to restore your computer to prev. date. 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

if that does not work, then we will have to do the recovery (re-installation of OS) ..  

The link to do the recovery is as below.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Please let me know of the outcome.  You may press on kudos, if the issue gets resolved. 

Thanking You, for your patience. 

Regards,

HP Recommended

So far PC is running fine..After last discusion a few days ago, seems like everything is running OK. Another question I have for you..Should I have gotten a factory recovery disc with this PC when I purchased it..Or is already instaled in my PC???

HP Recommended

My apologies for being out of contact, for a very long time.  

No, since the computer is shipped with pre-loaded software, it does not come with recovery kit/media.  HP will support your computer for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase, post which  you would have to pay for any hardware or software support. 

The recovery disc/media is available for the period of 5 years for any hp computers.  You may extend the warranty of your HP computer /printer  so as to get free software/hardware support for another 1-3 years.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Ashok

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.