Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario SR1614X Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, i have a old Compaq presario sr1614x that i upgraded it to 1.5 gb of ram (Originally 1).

I do not know if there is still bios update for it, it has a amd athlon 64 processor 3500+.

It has the bios revision:3.08 09/13/2005 and core version 6.0.

Is there any bios update for it? since i am trying to install windows 10 pro x86 on it using a dvd and when it gets at the stage to copy the installation file, it gets to etheir 1% then bsod or 5% and bsod. it does the kmode exception not handled bsod and can't get passed it, i'll try at the moment of writting to use an other computer install win 10 and switch back the drive in the Compaq. Any solution? (The drive is empty)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

this old model is no longer in the HP database.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/deviceSearch?q=Compaq%20presario%20sr1614x&origin=pdp

If you can't install windows 10, since no bios has certainly been developed for it, this may not change anything.
You have to search third-party sites, with the additional risk that this entails

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Compaq%20Presario%20SR1614X&By=HP&SS=BIOS

Version:3.15
Released:30 Nov 2007
BIOS for HP Compaq Presario SR1614X
Type: BIOS
A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.
but maybe

Title: A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update CHECK

Version: 3.15

Description: A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.

Purpose: Recommended

Category: BIOS

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Language(s):
Global English

Enhancement/Fixes:
- Resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.
- Resolves issue with "S3" item-"Enabled/Disabled" displaying incorrectly in Spanish.

Prerequisites:
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.

Installation Instructions:
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

this old model is no longer in the HP database.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/deviceSearch?q=Compaq%20presario%20sr1614x&origin=pdp

If you can't install windows 10, since no bios has certainly been developed for it, this may not change anything.
You have to search third-party sites, with the additional risk that this entails

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Compaq%20Presario%20SR1614X&By=HP&SS=BIOS

Version:3.15
Released:30 Nov 2007
BIOS for HP Compaq Presario SR1614X
Type: BIOS
A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.
but maybe

Title: A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update CHECK

Version: 3.15

Description: A8AE-LE Motherboard BIOS Update resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.

Purpose: Recommended

Category: BIOS

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Language(s):
Global English

Enhancement/Fixes:
- Resolves issue with AC97 SSID and SVID not being restored after S3 resume when Operating System is upgraded to Windows Vista.
- Resolves issue with "S3" item-"Enabled/Disabled" displaying incorrectly in Spanish.

Prerequisites:
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.

Installation Instructions:
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello thank for your answer, little update: i used another computer to install windows 10, and i had a memory issue which did not help at all, i removed the ram that was causing lots of issue and now the system is working, (Slow as hell) but working. Also, i noticed there are no option in the bios to update it at all, so it kinda makes sense that hp did not made any update for the bios. And of course i knew that this model is retired from a good while now, just to see it comes with xp home, and at that point a bios update to only fix ac97 audio, and s3 not displaying correctly in spanish doesn't affect me. So i think i'll make it stay at 3.08 and enjoy the fact that the translation in french is literally horrible lol anyways i keep it in english because atleast it doesn't have spelling error that makes it almost not understandable.  

(Thankfully the memory module that started to be defective was only a 256 mb one so i don't really care for this one also i am trying to upgrade it to 4gb of ram instead of now 1.2gb.) Still thank for trying to help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.