Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1050 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP is ending Windows 7 support and all that stuff. They're advising to upgrade your PCs to Win 10. This PC was released in 2011. And I don't think that I could upgrade it wothout any trouble, but I wasn't sure. Community, is it okay for me to update it? What do you think I should do?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you will be able to know is if you try it.

It meets the basic specs to run W10.

It is possible the wifi and audio won't work.  I can give you a driver to try for the audio if necessary.

I certainly would not buy W10 with no guarantee it will work, but you may still be able to get the upgrade for free.

See the info at the link below...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

You would have 30 days to go back to W7 as long as you don't delete any files.

HP Recommended

But what about the Wi-Fi? My whole work depends on it.

HP Recommended

If for some reason the wifi doesn't work, you buy a cheap USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

So, if I want to order a new Desktop PC. Will I have to buy a monitor(s) for it separately or will one come with it?

HP Recommended

If you want to buy a new desktop PC like the one you have now, you should be able to use the existing monitor.

HP Recommended

So, does HP ship it's products to "Pakistan"? Honestly, I don't know. I want to buy a specific PC with specific parts. Of course  after the pandemic. Hope you're safe 🙂

HP Recommended

Since I don't work for or represent HP, I don't know how you buy a new HP PC in Pakistan.

So far so good...You stay safe and well too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.