StephanIsCool
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can't find proper BIOS or driver for HP 24-B010Z

HP Recommended
24-B010Z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't find the proper BIOS fo rmy desktop.  By sysem ID is 81B9 but the website doesn't have it listed anywhere.  Anyone know where I can find the latest BIOS for my  24-B010Z

My touchscreen stopped working after an update and I can't figure out what's causing it.  I want to update the BIOS since it was never updated.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,030 1,399 2,374
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @StephanIsCool,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with the touchscreen not working on your HP Pavilion All in one. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Software and driver page for your PC, and found that the latest Bios version is F.57 Rev.A and release date as Jun 28, 2017.

If you wish you download the latest Bios for your PC, please follow this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81125.exe

Installation Instructions: 1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive 
(make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved). 
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to do with the touchscreen issue. 

Just to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS, if the issue persists,  

You could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue. 

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation