Level 2
37 22 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Change of Plans - Not getting the HP Slimline

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Prior to me previous post about getting that HP Slimline, I am not getting it. After searching for many computers, a few people from my church has decided to go in and buy me a computer with a warranty. They are doing this simply because they knew my family is going through a rough time financially and also because I do photography for them as well as keep their website and Facebook page updated. Anyway, below is the computer that was purchased for me. Let me know what y'all think.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-550-Performance-Refurbished/dp/B01M9HFLTF/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=...

3 REPLIES 3
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,811 5,051
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your link posts to a "refurb" PC.  What warranty do you expect?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23,

Any ad that suggested the product is an I_3, and then lists an I-5 in the description would make me suspicious. Also read the reviews, especially concerning packing, damaged screens, and wrong specifications.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
37 22 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The lady (Mrs. Paulette) from church put a 3 year warranty on it. It's a Protection plan warranty. It is still under warranty with HP as well.  The computer was delivered this past Friday. It did have a damaged screen, and thats all. So we are sending it back. They have already ordered me another one. Per the reviews of the product, yes I read the reviews and I did expect the computer to come with some damage but I was hoping it wouldnt happen. But it did. If the next computer comes with anything damaged, we will return it and go elsewhere. I am just thankful for receiving such a nice computer as a gift. If y'all couldnt afford anything this nice, then I would expect y'all to appreciate it as well. It was really rude how some of you read and posted in this thread. A gift is a good thing. God will bless you more in the end if you give.

Have a blessed day, HP Support forums.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation