Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compaq presario sg3770il
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My desktop model is HP compaq presario sg3770il and I couldn't find VT in bios

There is no bios update available either

What must I do to enable it???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shiva2000 

If your goal is to do that in order to install and run Windows 10, here is a thread for checking that another way:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/processor-support-for-windo...

IF it doesn't have the instruction set needed, it's NOT going to run Windows 10.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @Shiva2000 

According to the specs, your PC comes with an Intel E7400 processor.

That model comes in two variations...one sSpec supports VT, and one doesn't.

The E7400 (SLB9Y) does not support VT.

The E7400 (SLGW3) does support VT.

I would imagine that your PC has the E7400 processor that does not support VT, which is why you can't find the setting in the BIOS.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below that will show you what sSpec your E7400 processor is.

Here is a screenshot of the report for my PC's processor.

Look at the line I highlighted and that is where you will find the sSpec for your processor.

If the report shows that it is a SLB9Y, then unfortunately your PC's processor does not support VT.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1598751109848.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.