Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am planning to purchase an HP desktop all in one with pre installed Windows 10 home and Office 2019. At present I am having a computer on which I have my own Windows 10 pro and MS Office 2019 with 365. I am planning to discard the old computer and install the Windows 10 pro and MS Office 2019 with 365 after discarding the old computer with the same keys on the new desktop that I will purchase. In case if I do so, whether the warranty available on new desktop with preinstalled software will get void? How can I do the upgrade without having any effect on the warranty given on the new desktop if I install my available windows 10 pro and Office?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would void the software warranty, but not the hardware warranty.

Also there is only one way to upgrade to W10 Pro.   If you try to clean install W10 Pro, you are just going to end up with W10 Home again and will have to follow the instructions below...

If you have a W10 Pro product key you do not need to clean install W10 Pro.

Follow the instructions below to upgrade to W10 Pro without a clean install.

Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.

3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen 

To add to what @Paul_Tikkanen has already told you, you need the HP drivers that will come preloaded on the AIO -- which is why you do the in-place Upgrade from Home to Pro instead of clean-install of Pro. 

If you do the second, you will lose the preloaded HP drivers, which is a bad thing with an AIO.

If you are determined to do the clean-install, then BEFORE you do that, save off the HP drivers to a USB stick following these instructions:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/68426-backup-restore-device-drivers-windows-10-a.html

That way, you can restore the HP drivers after the clean install.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.