Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
NY538AA HP Touchsmart 600-1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for the correct drivers for an HP Touchsmart 600-1050 with PN# NY538AA. Does anyone know where I can purchase these from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am not having any luck with this at all.

But I did find a forum where someone had the same hardware ID as yours, and perhaps you will want to ask here and see if one of the Nvidia experts can help you find a driver, or give you the best solution to your dilemma.

https://www.win-raid.com/t15f37-NVIDIA-Optimized-nForce-Driverpacks-for-Vista-Win.html

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC was built prior to August of 2013, so there are no W10 drivers for it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the W7 drivers for any devices that may need drivers.

W10 should have installed most of the drivers for a PC that was built in 2009.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. Windows 7 drivers appear to work, but I am having an issue with the AHCI controller driver. When I use the generic Windows 10 AHCI controller driver, nothing seems to work correctly. I updated the driver to what I thought was the correct one, from a third party website, but now it shows that the boot device is inaccessible. It will run in IDE mode, but the SSD's performance takes a hit. I'm just looking for the drivers that came with the system. I am willing to pay for them, but nobody seems to know where to get them.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can't pay for what doesn't exist.

Please post the hardware ID for the SATA AHCI controller and I will see if I can find the Nvidia SATA AHCI controller driver it needs.

Use this guide to find that information...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Thanks for the awesome article. Would the hardware ID be the same if it's set to IDE vs AHCI?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is a good question. 

It should be, but the description in the device manager would be different.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers device manager category.

What is the name of the drive controller device listed there?

HP Recommended

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

This is the first one in the list and is the longest:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB4&SUBSYS_2A95103C&REV_B1

HP Recommended

Hi:

Is there an AHCI or RAID drive controller setting in the BIOS that you can change the setting to?

From that description, the drive controller is set to IDE.

Don't change the controller setting if there is.  You would have to change it first and reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

Well, it was already set to AHCI, but had the Windows standard driver. I updated it with a driver that I found and it gave me a "boot device not found" error and wouldn't boot. I then changed it to IDE to at least be able to boot Windows. I found an article on how to remove the driver from cmd, but I would like to replace it with the correct driver. The standard windows AHCI driver was giving me problems with the optical drive.

HP Recommended

The SSD is not going to work as well as it would in AHCI mode, and I have searched for the last 30 minutes on the nvidia website and cannot find a chipset driver with that hardware ID in it as of yet.

All of the drivers I have found have support for these ID's and not yours.

NVIDIA.ntamd64.6.0]
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0266&CC_0101
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0267&CC_0101
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&CC_0101
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&CC_0101
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStorAHCI_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F4&CC_0106
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStorAHCI_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AD5&CC_0106
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStorAHCI_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AD4&CC_0106
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStorAHCI_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB9&CC_0106
%NVSTOR_DESC%=NVStorAHCI_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB8&CC_0106

I'll keep looking, but I am running out of options...

What we need to find is a driver has has support for the PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB4 ID, and if we do, the device name in IDE mode will be changed to "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.