Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eho-1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Envy 5530 get changed to ePrint + JetAdvantage

HP Recommended

I have been using this printer for 3 years now and happy with its performance. Last week, I updated my OS to a newer version of Windows 10. After that, I went to the HP site and check if there is a newer version of the software for my printer. Instead I was forced to download HP ePrint + JetAdvantage, and unable to go back to Envy 5530. Every time I tried to reinstall its software and/or driver, I got the message "cannot load to my computer". After trying both printing versions, I found that ePrint + JetAdvantage is not as easy to use. Most importantly, it doesn't scan. Tried "HP Print and Scan doctor", it didn't solve my problem. Please let me know how to go back to the old version. 

2 REPLIES 2
kingtopcat
Level 4
142 139 10 22
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Eho-1 Welcome to your forum!: why not try "System Restore" to go back to the instant when you had to install the troublesome app.

from "start" go to "control panel"  click on "system protection" after that press the "system restore" button observing what you see along the way especially after opening "system restore"  if the opening option at the system restore panel  isn't the day before thse aforementioned apps moved in then select "choose a different restore point' which gives at least one more earlier date before "ePrint & JetAdvantage invaded then choose "next" & pray that this file isn't corrupted otherwise it won't work then you'll either have to have a backup or undergo a reinstall which is a true pain to say the least!

good luck

hope this works for you

if you're Stateside Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family

if you have anything else or this doesn't work please return so that we can strain our brains on your behalf

kingtopcat

0 Kudos
Eho-1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kingtopcat, thanks for your quick reply. I'll try your idea as soon as I've done my current project.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation