Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

Envy 750-055xt Desktop -- Crazy long time to ship

Product Name: Envy 750-055xt Win 7 Desktop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer got fried and I ordered a desktop from HP.COM on 7/8/15. I get a status update saying that the computer should be in my posession on 8/4/15 -- ALMOST A MONTH!!

I had ordered another desktop a couple of years ago from HP.COM and I was very satisfied with the prompt shipping and the product itself  which was, I believe, customized and shipped from Texas.  

This time around, I am not having such a good experience as I did then.  

As I said, I ordered the desktop on 7/8/15.  Technically it was a customized desktop considering I chose the parts that were listed on the webpage however there were no mention when ordering that the "customizing" time would be almost a month, atleast not until I had already confirmed the order.  

First of all if I had known that it would take a month for the **bleep** thing to ship, I would have used the money to build my own.  This is the price I pay for my laziness.  

Second, when I called HP to inquire why my order would take a month to ship, they advised that the desktop is now being "built" in Mexico.  This in itself is not an issue however why did they change the shipping location to outside the US? And even if they did indeed moved it to Mexico, a month?!!!  What the heck is going on at that plant?!!

I would like to know from other customers who have had experience in ordering a desktop not too long ago on how long it took them to ship your order.  I would also like to know if anyone out there has had any experience in trying to cancel an order and if that was a smooth process or not.  All I've heard  on the web is that trying to cancel an order from HP.COM is harder than pulling your teeth out with a hammer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

Re: Envy 750-055xt Desktop -- Crazy long time to ship

@KevinSuh,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes mine was ordered on March 23 estimated shipping of Apr 8. It shipped out early on the 4th with estimated delivery day of today the 7th but as of now there has been no movement since the 5th. FedEx just left my driveway after delivering another package and no computer. The tracking says it was picked up from El Paso TX but when I spoke with FedEx they're saying the package was shipped from Mexico and the address label says Mexico and they still can't tell me why it departed Forth Worth 2 days ago and no tracking info since or where my package is. I don't like being lied to and showing my package left from TX when in reality my computer was probably cheaply built in some factory in Mexico and no where are you told where your custom built computer you spent a few grand on is being made or shipped from. This will most likely be the last time I purchase from HP

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)

I am sorry to hear that you had a similar experience.  As you have stated, the quality of customer support and consumer experience with HP has definatelyl dropped down.  This was not my experience with HP and I've bought a more than this one system from them.  I, like you, may not be a returning customer.  I still think I should have built my own system.  This is my own fault derived from my laziness.

An update:  I did get the desktop and upon looking at what parts are inside it, I most definately should have built my own. The parts that are inside were as advertised in that they were the parts I ordered but for the money, I could have gotten a better selection of parts.  

Hope your computer gets to you soon and I pray that nothing is wrong with your computer.  My research during this fiasco is that doing a return or refund on an order with HP is very very difficult.

All best wishes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation