Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to install an Epson es400 scanner in my system and loaded the appropriate Epson software.  The software does not communicate either with Windows 10 or the HP Officejet.  It also does not communicate with Acrobat Pro.  I've checked and rechecked all connections, have uninstalled and installed the software again and nothing has worked.

I also cannot get my HP scanner to stop putting the scanned image on 11 X 17 page.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Beethoven1 

Firstly the Epson Scanner won't be able to communicate with HP Printer, actually they can communicate but please don't try to connect them, they will break normal communications. Your HP printer is also a scanner, please do not mix them, do them one by one separately.

I used to connect 3 different printers/scanners from 3 different vendors (HP, Canon and Epson) to my computers. The HP printer was donate to charity last month, now I only have 2 and they work without any problem at all.

Again, please do not mix them and use the following driver for the Epson

https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/ES-Series/Epson-WorkForce-ES-400/s/SPT_B11B226201

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Banhien.  It's strange because I have the identical equipment and software at my office and it runs perfectly.  I have completed the download you suggested and I'll see if it fixes the problem.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.