Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Desktop PC 880p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my GPU fans started to die and i then installed two 120mm fans over the GPU shroud they are 4 pin and are connected to the motherboard the first fan is connected to the PCI fan header and the second one in the top fan header. The issue i  have is that they only run at 500 rpm or so and i need them to run faster so i can game without the GPU overheating.

I have tried both speedfan and Argus without any luck. The connector of the fans are 4 pin but they won't fit directly to the GPU fan header. what i really would like to know is how do i access the advance bios settings so i can get to the hardware monitor to control the fans from there? ( I have tried the classic combo of alt + f10 + alt f11 with no success) I only have the thermal option which displays the rpm but there's no option to change anything. The motherboard is the higos board 8309. Any help is much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
you will have nothing in the bios!
I may not have understood everything, but if they are the fans of the graphics card, they must be connected to the graphics card, original location, the control of the fans must go through the graphics controller, nothing else!
If the fans are not suitable I do not see anything other than buying fans for this card!
The cooling must be done in relation to the heating of the graphics card no other thing!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Im not sure you understood med correctly. The fans that came with the graphics card are broken so i removed them and replaced them with two 120mm case fans which i mounted over the shroud of the gpu with zip ties. The conncetor of the case fans are 4 pin but the connector is too big to conncect it directly to the gpu fan header. So i connected the case fans to the motherboard instead, but the problem is that they wont go over 500rpm and there is no option in the bios to control them, theres only a thermal option which displays the current rpm, but no option to change it hence the question about how to acess the advanced bios option so i can set a fan curve. Note, i have tried both case fans they can go at least 1600 rpm so thats not the problem.

HP Recommended

You may not have understood my answer!
It is impossible to change the speed by the bios on the one hand!
And do not proceed like that, the fans are not suitable for the graphics card, you must either find fans designed for, or replace the graphics card!
Cooling is done by sensors according to the measured temperature!
If the graphics card overheats, the fans will not be able to operate at the speed required to cool it, and you may burn it out!
The only likely option, would be to use a device, but it is often manual, and can be practical!
You have already tried the software option, which sometimes works, but it is a failure, unless you find another one, I doubt it, what you ask, is unfortunately not possible with this type of bios !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.