Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-p051d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer had Intel MEI (cannot remember version). But last time I uninstalled it (both in uninstall program and device manager) then I did fresh start for Win 10. After that I tried to install all intel MEI driver provided in the HP support page of my product but none of them could be installed. I tried both for Win 10 and Win 8.1 for all provided versions. Nowadays my computer still work normally and all devices in the device manager did not show any exclamation sign. So I would like to know; does my computer need Intel MEI ? If it need please suggest me which one I could use.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since there aren't any devices in the device manager that need drivers, Windows probably has already installed the IMEI driver automatically.

You can check to see that the Intel Management Engine Interface device is properly installed by going to the device manager, click to expand the System Devices category, look down the list alphabetically, and you should see the IMEI device listed there in working order.

HP Recommended

It was supposed to be there but none. None even in uninstall or change a program.

caoo.PNG

HP Recommended

I guess either your PC didn't come with that hardware (which I find very surprising), or the hardware died on you.

If a driver was needed, then there would be a device listed in the device manager labeled as a PCI simple communications controller.

If your PC is working fine...shuts down, starts up, sleeps and awakes from sleep with no issues, then I wouldn't be concerned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.