VK19
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Freecom Harddrive XS3.0

HP Recommended
Pavillion 500-415no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I connect my  Freecom Harddrive XS3.0 to a Pavillion 500-415no Desktop running windows10 64 bit, I get notification "beeps" but cannot see the drive and it's contents. Would be grateful to any suggestion and help to resolve this issue. Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,576 32,476 2,955 7,259
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VK19

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but we would have no way of knowing what Freecom has configured on their drives that would present connection problems.

Some other external drive brands autoload software that encrypts their drives automatically, and without that installed, you can not access their drives.

You would need to contact Freecom support about this issue:  https://www.freecom.com/support

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
VK19
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear WAWood,

Thank you for your reply. Freecom support was the first place i seeked help. And they were very clear that there was no encryption and must be something to do with the Desktop configuration. They were the ones who actually suggested i contact HP support forums ;). They also asked me to connect the drive to other HP products and check.

To test their hypothesis, I connected the Freecom device to 2 Laptops, HP 8540p Elitebook (Windows 10 64 bit) & HP Folio 1040 G1 (Windows 7 64 bit). And on both,  the drive was detected without any issues.

So now i am sure, that it is something to do with my Desktop. But i don't know what i should be doing or looking for.  Any direction to address this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Just to  mention, the Desktop (HP pavillion 500-415no) is updated to the most latest version.

Regards

-VK19

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,576 32,476 2,955 7,259
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VK19

OK, so the next time you connect the drive, type "disk management" (without the quotes) into the search area and select that.

When that opens, scroll down through the list of drives to see if the external drive is in the list. 

IF it is, you may be able to right-click and select the option to assign a drive letter to the drive -- and then use it.

If it is not in the list, that implies that the BIOS on the PC is not seeing the drive, and I know of no way to correct that.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation