Level 2
22 18 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 450a120 snail slow

HP Recommended
HP 450a120 slimline desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP 450-a120 is so slow I fall asleep waiting for it to boot and it is snail slow loading pages online or offline. I am running win 10 32 bit, any advice to sped it up would be greatly apperciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi deadly223

You have an A6-6310 processor which is soldered to the motherboard. You have AMD integrated graphics.

The base configuration for this PC shows 6 GB of RAM installed at the factory.

This configuration has to have all resources available to run smooth which means you should look at the Start tab in Task Manager to see what stuff is starting up when Windows 10 loads.

The more stuff starting up, the longer it will take to load Windows.

The more processes running in the Task Manager Process tab will result in slow performance. All of this stuff consumes memory and CPU cycles.

How many processes do you have running? How many startup items do you have?

Grzy

0 Kudos
deadly223
Author
Level 2
22 18 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the potential soloution, will try and see if successfull.

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Let the forum know how it goes.

Check for running processes using excess: CPU, Memory, or high disk usage while you are at it.

One additional performance enhancing step is to replace the 7200 rpm HDD with an SATA SSD.

This upgrade, in addition to controlling startup items and running processes, gives the best performance bang for the dollar.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation