Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

HP 550-127C BIOS update?

Product Name: Pavilion 550-127C
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm using Pavilion 550-127C Computer . Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

I got a problem when I trying on install A0.11 update (BIOS)

It said The System SSID is not match SotfPAQ SSID and then I choose 2

and it said this bios update is not compatible with this device 

Current BIOS Version: A0.05

*Bad English Smiley Sad

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: HP 550-127C BIOS update?

Hello, @HaiMl – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

Going through your post, I see that you are having issues while updating the BIOS. We need the system board ID to find the correct BIOS update. Here are the steps to find the system board ID:

1. Shut down the PC and then turn it back on. Start tapping the “Esc” key immediately to get the startup menu.
  2. Press F10 to enter the BIOS menu.
  3. Select File -> System information to find the system board ID.
  4. Now, go to http://hp.care/2oeLlSm and match the system ID to the SSID and download and install the correct BIOS.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation