Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 6200 pro microtower random freezes, lockups and restarts

HP Recommended
HP 6200 PRO Microtower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

...So, i recently bought an hp 6200 sh and i've been experiencing random freezes while my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, they stop receiving electricity of which i can escape only by restarting the computer using the power button on the pc. I've also been experiencing random restarts.

I have an i5 2400, GT 220, 2x4GB of micron 1333mhz ddr3 ram, 1TB seagate barracuda 7200.14 rpm and an ASUS dvd rom.

I read on some forums that it might be an bios compatibility issue so, as i was running windows 10 64 bit, i updated the bios to the 2.28 version, which i read it's the most stable version, but nothing has changed. Therefore i installed windows 7 64 bit and the same happens here.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? could anyone help me with this, is it worth updating the bios to the 2.33 version??

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation