Houso
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP CLOUD RECOVERY TOOL PROBLEM

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G5 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I run the HP Clo8ud Recovery Software it asks for my Product ID.  When I enter that it says "Product ID is Not a Match or Invalid.  Check the "I need to enter Product ID for my HP System" and manually fill Product ID in".  I do this but it continually tells me its wrong.   My  computer is a HP ProDesk 400 G5 SFF and still under warranty 

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,469 122,646 20,172 30,950
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you enter all of the info on the ID including the # and the 3 characters that follow it?

If so, unfortunately, I wouldn't know why it isn't working.

You can always make your own plain W10 installation media using the Microsoft media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-400-g5-small-form-factor-pc/21351197

Since your PC is still under warranty, you may want to contact HP and see if they will send you recovery media at no cost.

I've had them do that for me a couple of times.

If you live in Canada or the United States, call HP at 1-800-334-5144.

0 Kudos
Houso
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response.   I did use the ID  on my computer and registered with HP  (i.e. 4VS58PA#ABG) to no avail.

I will take your advice and get in touch with HP and see if they can supply recovery media.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated

Regards, Houso

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,469 122,646 20,172 30,950
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation