Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have recently setup HP Client Updates Catalog for System Center Products in SCCM Updates.     We have been successful in downloading and deploying the driver updates.   However, on a device that only have the Intel LM/V I218LM hardware, is also showing the Intel I219LM/V driver which fails as it is not meant for that device.

It seems there is another agent on the device to help limit specific drivers for only that device, like Lenovo has.

I have read many paragraphs from various HP management utilities regarding HP CMI (Client Management Interface), but I cannot locate this CMI download.    I have attempted to install other management clients (HP MIK, HP, SSM, BCU), but none have provided this HP CMI which seems to be what is missing.

It would be appreciated if HP Support could respond.    Any others out there who have used this solution and may have information would be greatly appreciated.

I have attempted to read through some of the other solutions such as SSM and MIK agents, but it is unclear what more is needed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jamin6900 

I thought it important that SOMEONE respond to your post so you're not waiting forever for an answer you're not going to get.

This is the HP consumer forum and what you are describing is considered "commercial operation" -- and we don't provide that kind of support from here.

You could try contacting HP Enterprise (with which we have no interface) but I think you will find no support from them, either, because I believe they require a support contract in place.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.