Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP P6205UK
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I am trying to download the latest BIOS for my desktop from your drivers site but the website after selecting my product it doesnt load as it just says HP is compiling your results. I waited over 2 hours using different browsers. Whats the problem? furthermore the reason im trying to update the bios is I have purchased a PCIE16 graphics card (PNY GeForce GT 520 DDR3 1GB). However when i install my graphics card into the slot and then start up the PC the fans on the machine and the card turn on but there is no video output even through the VGI of the new card. Is there anything on the system configuration of the PC that could be stopping the card from working? Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The reason you can't get to the support site is because HP retires support for PC's that are more than 10 years old.

Now, I did find this model which has the same motherboard as yours, and there is only one BIOS update available...5.07.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, but then again, I can't guarantee it will.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6300-desktop-pc-series/4079858/model/4...

Support for this model will probably be retired soon as well.

I'm thinking a GT 520 should have worked in your PC as plug and play.

I know nothing newer than a GT 6xx would work, but I don't know why that card isn't working.

Did you first uninstall the onboard Intel graphics adapter and driver in the device manager before installing the GT 520?

If not, I recommend that you do that.

Then reinstall the new card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.