Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen some forum topics about the laptop version of Omen Commander Center, but not desktop, for this issue, so here it oges. I have an Omen Obelisk desktop (i7-8700, RTX 2080, 16 GB RAM) and suddenly the lighting option is gone, leaving my case to be the off-red pink color it is by default. There were some Windows update troubles and some registry issues that I resolved by using Windows Recovery, and I was hoping it would also fix Omen Command Center's lighting issue. And it did! It came back. But then, the next time I restarted my computer, the lighting option was gone. Windows is up to date, BIOS is up to date, drivers are up to date. Also uninstalled OCC and reinstalled it from the Microsoft Store, as I saw that was suggested. Didn't fix it. Not really sure what to do now, so I am hoping for some help from the forums!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Masonzero,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Are you talking about the keyboard lighting or the Tower lighting?
  • Do you have a transparent side panel?
  • What is the product number for your computer?

I await a response at your earliest convenience.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I actually managed to fix the problem - I had changed some registry info to change my default install drive, and that is what was causing Omen to lose its lighting feature. Weird, but fixed now that I've reset to registry to what it was before.

HP Recommended

@Masonzero,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What do you mean by this? I have the same exact problem and I have tried the same things and it still doesn't work. 

HP Recommended

Just purchased my Omen Obelisk desktop and the Omen Command Center is not enabling the lights on the tower through the transparent glass.  Any idea how to resolve this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.