Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP One drive

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7100 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the difference between the Windows Onedrive and the HP onedrive?  I want to delete the Windows version and use the HP version if possible.  Does the HP Onedrive launch automatically?

4 REPLIES 4
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Porschenut1-_,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you need information and assistance related to One drive. Don't worry we'll work together to help you  find a solution.

OneDrive is Microsoft's service for hosting files in the "cloud", that's available for free to all the owners of a Microsoft account. OneDrive offers users a simple way to store, sync and share all kinds of files, with other people and devices on the Web.

HP has a partnership with Windows, though the one drive is manufactured by Windows, it has a HP branded version of the same... If you wish to disable Windows and just use HP version, you can certainly do so..

Here's the steps suggested by @Likilesh

Please follow the below steps which will disable one drive

• Press Win + R keyboard accelerator to open Run dialog box.
  • Type GPedit.msc and hit Enter or OK to open Local Group Policy Editor.
  • Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> OneDrive.
  • In the right pane, double click on policy named Prevent the usage of OneDrive for filestorage.
  • Select the Enabled radio button.
  • Click or tap OK when done.

I hope this answers your question. Do let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to assist you.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jamesdave,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I'm glad I could contribute towards the issue and finding a solution. 

Do visit our HP Forums if you need any assistance. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Porschenut1-_
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Typing GPedit.msc produced no results.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,740 32,640 2,972 7,293
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Porschenut1-_

Group Policy Edit is available in Win10 Pro -- so if you are running Win10 Home, it is not available.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation