Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-220ex Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I tried to update my obsolete "PCI Simple Communications Controller + SM Bus Controller" drivers using both the HP support assistant and HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads website, but I always get the following message "We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product.  Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again".

Please help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had no problem accessing the W8.1 driver page for your model using IE11...

You need these drivers for those devices...I have posted the direct links, so you shouldn't have any issues downloading the drivers.

PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package provides the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp64495.exe

SMBus Controller:

This package provides the driver for the Intel SMBus Controller solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp64494.exe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had no problem accessing the W8.1 driver page for your model using IE11...

You need these drivers for those devices...I have posted the direct links, so you shouldn't have any issues downloading the drivers.

PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package provides the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp64495.exe

SMBus Controller:

This package provides the driver for the Intel SMBus Controller solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp64494.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Paul. Problem solved and everythng is okay.

I got a message through HP Support assistant to update the following driver:

2C14-1C15 Original Realtek USB Card Reader (5138) (Towers win8.1/7 64 Bit). 

Unforutantely the driver failed to install and when I tried  HP driver's page  I got the same message again  " "We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product.  Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again".  I'm using IE 11.

I appreciate sending me a link for this driver.

Regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is the direct link to the card reader driver on your PC's support page...

This package provides the driver for the Realtek USB Card Reader solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp64769.exe

HP Recommended

Thank You Paul. Thank you so much. Problem solved and my machine is performing like new. I really appreciate your help and prompt reply. Your troubleshooting attitude is simple, straightforward  and with no technical jargon.

Thank you again

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I failed to install this update using windows automatic update:

IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

I'm always getting the following message "Update failed-error found -code 80070103". I tried to install  after running windows update trobleshooter software with no success.

Could you please send me a link  for direct download.

best regard

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the latest W8.1 driver from your PC's support page...

This package provides the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67043.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul. As usual your link fixed everything. I  highly value your effort. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.