Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart App
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting an error message on the HP Smart App (Using Windows 10) after I scan-in a document that says: ""There was a problem loading your Smart Task. PLease try again." I am unable to get past this point and the app freezes. Only cntrl-alt-delete will remove it. I am unable to save a pdf of the scan. I have been using this software for over a year now with no problems, I have made no changes to the software, and I have a compatible HP Printer. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I'm getting the exact same error message. It just started today.

HP Recommended

I had this problem too. I went through the hassle of uninstalling, downloading the full driver package HP_Color_LJ_Pro_MFP_M477-PCL_6_v3_Full_Soln_17171 and reinstalling.  Same error after reinstall.

I've been using this software for at least a year with no issues either. 

HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue. I found if you ignore the dialog box instead of choosing 'cancel' or 'try again', you can still click on save, and it will save, but HP Smart is still frozen, and can only be exited via task manager....

HP Recommended

I was going to do what you did - reinstall everything but you saved me the tiime.  I went to plan B since I did not have time to spend trying to figure it out.  I also needed to scan multi page documents to single PDF.  I found an open source app - NAPS2 (not another PDF scanner 2.   Works like a champ.   Will monitor this forum to see if there is ever a solutions

HP Recommended

OK, I got it working again.  First I did a hard reset of my printer.  Second I completely uninstalled the HP Smart App.  Then reinstalled it from the Windows Store.  My first test run worked good.  Second try also worked with no error messages.  I guess a complete delete and reinstall is the answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.