jdboss53
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant Failed Update Install

HP Recommended
HP All in One 24 e-oxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all.  I have an update in my support assistant for the HP PC Hardware diagnostics tool. I attempt to install it but I get a failed install each time.  My HP support assistant is up to date, no other items need to be installed.  Any guidance? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Mans
Level 15
Level 15
1,686 1,665 175 566
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jdboss53 

Hello,

Try to install it manually from the following HP link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html.

DOWNLOAD HP DIAGNOSTICS UEFI - ver 7.7.0.0

Afterwards, you could ignore or delete the update in HP Support Assistant.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,149 32,627 3,042 11,023
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jdboss53 

If you don't need the update, that is, the Device Manager shows that the current version of the mystery update is already installed, then - IF the HP Support Assistant will let you do so -- either move the offending update to the trash or ignore the update.

Help / How-to:  HP PCs - Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers

READ Sections

For example:

Update specific drivers in Device Manager

Find driver updates on the HP website

Why does this happen?  HPSA gets confused sometimes.  Nice software, not prefect.

References

Help and Troubleshooting for HPSA

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant - Windows 8.x and Windows 10

Software and drivers for HP 24-e000 All-in-One Desktop PC series 

Open All > Peruse the list > Select, download, save, install appropriate Software / Updates

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP 24-e000 All-in-One Desktop PC series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation