Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant Not Showing Details

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-r020a All-in-One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two question,

We have two  computers, both HP Pavilion 24-r020a All-in-One Desktop

On one computer the HP Support Assistant, shows all the correct information.  But on the other it doesn’t.  The Support details as shown in the attached image jusy "There are no contact options avaible for this device in this location. You may search for possible solutions at hp.com", and it also doesn’t show the image of the actual computer in the HP Support Assistant just a generic drawing.

I have tried uninstalling HP Support Assistant and reinstalling and it doesn’t seem to fix the issue, and have today tired a factory Reset and reinstalled the computer which also doesn’t fix the issues with these two problems with HP Support Assistant, not sure what else to try.  Also signing into support assitant doesn't fix either problem.

2.png

1.png

5 REPLIES 5
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @lightseed, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand HP support assistant is showing incorrect product details.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Was there any hardware component replaced recently on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

If the system board was replaced recently. The product information stored in the BIOS chip would have got erased.

You have to contact HP support to get the tattooing done on your PC.

If there were no hardware components replaced on your PC. Try the steps recommended below.

Uninstall the HP support assistant from your PC and try creating a new user account and install the latest version of HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about how to create a user account. Click Here

Uninstall the HP support assistant and install the latest version from the link below.

In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Restart your computer to complete the process.

Update the HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

If the issue still persists I would suggest you download Revo uninstaller from google and uninstall all the components for HP support assistant from your PC.

And install the latest version of HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
lightseed
Author
Level 2
19 12 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your reply

No hardware changes, computer is only two weeks old.  Support Assistant Worked with correct details

microsoft had me do a system restore due to issues with office 365 and that was when Support Asssistant stopped showing the correct information

Have tried uninstalling the currently installed one and installing again and that doesnt fix it

Prduct Number is 3JU03AA#ABG

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lightseed, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Uninstall the HP support assistant on your PC and install the HP support assistant using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

If the issue still persists uninstall the support assistant and install the latest version using this link. Click Here

Lastly, try updating the BIOS on your PC. 

Update the BIOS on your PC using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
lightseed
Author
Level 2
19 12 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I actually am starting to think the problem is on HP's side, as  I found today that logging into My Dashboard, clicking on  my devices and then clicking on the links there, Software and Drivers, Trouble Shooting And How To, Contact Options,  Production Information all bring up a Error 404 page.

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lightseed, thanks for your quick response and time again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned when you go to contact options in HP support assistant you are getting error 404 on your PC.

As HP websites are going to upgrade, It could be one of the reasons for not displaying the product information correctly.

But did you try the steps suggested by my previous post?

If you have not tried the steps. Please try those steps as it is essential to isolate the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation