woofy17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant & HP Passport

HP Recommended
Elitebook 745 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Installed latest HP Suppport Assistant  (8.4.19.3) and tried to update Profile.

Using exisiting HP Passport  credentials does not seem to work and kept prompting that password or userid is incorrect.  Requested to reset password but no password via email was received. 

Tried creating a new profile however it prompted Server Connection issue.

Anyone having similar issue?  

2 REPLIES 2
rcspencer
Level 9
804 727 111 58
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @woofy17

Are you able to log into another HP Passport portal, such as the HP Store?  Are you able to use HPSA to download new drivers and software for your Elitebook?

When I saw your post I tried myself  and was able to log in both at the store and through HPSA.  If you can log in to the store but not HPSA, then you may have some local process, like a firewall blocking HPSA from accessing the internet.  If you can't log into the store, then you might try resetting your password through the store interface and see if you get different results.

R

I am an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
r-ix
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another possible reason is the length or complexity of your password.

I had the same issue and HP Passport worked ok for the HP Store and this forum, but not in HPSA. After I changed my password to a shorter one (16 characters) without any special characters I was abe to log in from HPSA.

In other words: HPSA has not been programmed adequately to match what is required/ allowed for HP Passport passwords via the web.

@rcspencer : as you are an HP employee, can you direct this to the development or product management team for HPSA?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation