Level 2
19 12 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant cancels downloads

HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is new.  Support assistant suggests 13 updates.  I check all, click "download and install".  Get past create restore point, begins install and then I get message install cancelled. 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
5,905 5,889 203 520
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Well Make and Model may help.

As would the list of updates.

0 Kudos
PrahaJo
Level 2
19 12 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry.  HP Laptop 17-bs011dx

there are 13 updates:

4 for Realtek

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

HP Recovery Manager Update

Cyperlink Power Media Player Software Update

Elan Touchpad Driver

HP Wireless Button Driver for cNB

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

HP Image Enhancement for system logon

HP Orbit

They all look pretty important to me. 

0 Kudos
MilwNiCk23
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot believe the replies you've gotten!   They clearly have no life and have no desire to help anyone else trying to make theirs better by making their computer work properly.  Losers!

I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU, IF YOU STILL NEED IT...   I had the exact same problem, and it drove me crazy.  There is nothing worse than buying a new computer to find that its own software doesn't even work properly.

Anyway, first thing you have to do is UNINSTALL the current HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT program.  Because this is a "pretty big-deal" kind of program/app, I suggest rebooting the computer after uninstall is complete.   Let the computer boot, and give it a few extra minutes to catch up with things...  don't rush to sign on, start this that or whatever.  Just be patient.   Say 5 minutes or so...  let the system do "its thing" before you start your thing.

Now, open your web browser and go to:  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

This is where you will find the link to download the new, HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT program.   The link is towards the upper right of the screen.   

Simply download it and run it.   Let it install, and TA-DA!   Everything will work perfectly, as it should!   🙂

If for some very ODD reason you have any issues or questions, do not hesitate to reply or even message me directly.  I am more than happy to help anyone whenever I can!

Takecare!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation