Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krzemien
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP Support Assitance not picking up updates?

HP Recommended
Omen 870-095na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It looks like HP Support Assistant stopped picking up updates some time ago and claims my PC is up to date.

Two not-so recent findings that I missed:

* BIOS Update

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/1108...

* WiFi driver update

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/1108...

It also looks like it stopped around the time when my OS was upgraded from 1607 to 1709 - I was picking up updates back in September.

HP Support Assistant claims it's the latest build (8.5.37.19)

Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,000 24,651 2,878 10,659
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@krzemien, welcome back to the forum.

Your best option is to uninstall the current version of HPSA and install the latest version here.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
krzemien
Author
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But I do have the latest version? 8.5.37.19 - as it states on that page.

(And software really does not break on its own)

0 Kudos
Skyfox5
Level 2
25 22 0 8
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@krzemien wrote:

It looks like HP Support Assistant stopped picking up updates some time ago and claims my PC is up to date.

Two not-so recent findings that I missed:

* BIOS Update

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/1108...

* WiFi driver update

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/1108...

It also looks like it stopped around the time when my OS was upgraded from 1607 to 1709 - I was picking up updates back in September.

HP Support Assistant claims it's the latest build (8.5.37.19)

Ideas?

Hello!

I have the same feeling about my HP Support Assistant, which I used with my Pavilion Gaming (ak112nl) after a Win 10 clean install, and was unable to find the latest version of Realtek Drivers.

My question is also because i want to understand if HP Support Assistant is meant to find the latest drivers or just the drivers tested with specific products.

Also, it was completely useless in finding the bundled software for my laptop.

BTW, I have the latest 8.5.37.19 too.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@krzemien@Skyfox5, it is good that you have the latest version of HPSA.  However, sometimes there is a glitch with the updates.  I have had the problem several times since having Win 10 1607 and 1709.  I normally delete the updates if they don't install the first time and wait for HPSA to find them again.  This is when I get them installed.

I believe that HPSA will only offer updates that have been tested by HP to be compatible.  In other words, it will not necessarily offer the latest drivers for components that haven't been tested; especially if you upgrade the video card.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Skyfox5, in the future, it would be better if you start your own thread even it seems applicable to the current thread.  You will get better coverage.  Many Experts don't respond to threads that have been reponded to by other Experts.

0 Kudos
krzemien
Author
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that HPSA will only offer updates that have been tested by HP to be compatible.

Did you check the links I provided? They show updates applicable to my PC. HPSA is not showing them.

My very simple question is: why?

I also think SKyFox5 has a valid (and the same) point so I am not sure exactly why do you read (understand?) our posts differently?

0 Kudos
Skyfox5
Level 2
25 22 0 8
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@old_geekster wrote:

@Skyfox5, in the future, it would be better if you start your own thread even it seems applicable to the current thread.  You will get better coverage.  Many Experts don't respond to threads that have been reponded to by other Experts.

Thank you, I will be more wise in future.

And thanks for your answer, anyway.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation